Handful of personal details
Occupation/ hobbies: software engineer & gaming
Would you describe yourself as ‘a reader’?: No
Favourite Genre: fantasy
Favourite book/ books/ authors: Terry Pratchett, Dune & Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
Favourite childhood book: Bill Bryson: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Length of To-Be-Read Pile: 10 audiobooks and 1 book book
- a) What was the last book that you read?
Elantris – book follows three characters, raoden a cursed prince banished to elantris, sarene contractually married to raoden despite never meeting and hrathen who has been tasked by his holy order to convert the people of arelene in three months. Can sarene save arelene?
- b) What led you to read it? What made it appeal to you before you started reading it?
- c) Did the book live up to your expectations of it?
Better and surprised, hadn’t expected to get drawn into the political discourse in a fantasy book.
2) a) What makes you want to read a book?
Story set in a world you can escape in.
2) b) Once you’ve started, what keeps you going?
Competent characters and competently written characters.
3) Do you re-read books? Which do you re-visit most?
Yes, the night watch series from terry pratchett.
4) Which book would you recommend to others for enjoyment? / Which would you recommend for changing the way we think? / Which tear-jerker would you recommend for a good sob-fest?
Enjoyment – Thud! Terry pratchett
5) Where/ when do you like to read?
Listening to audiobooks while walking.
1)Which would be your ‘desert island book’?
Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy.
2) Do you have a ‘goal book’ that you would love to read?
Worm – John McCrae
3) Which character from which book would you most like to go on an adventure with/ out to dinner with/ walk around the zoo with?
Moist Von Lipwig from going postal by terry pratchett.
4) You get to go out to dinner with one author and get all of the inside gossip on their book/ characters/ universe – who do you pick?
5) Have you ever seen a movie that was better than the book? Which was it?
6) Which was the most beautiful book you ever owned?
Looking for Atlantis
7) Book you would insist that your children read?
8) Which book do you think deserves some sort of award?
Dune – Best description of how much living on a desert world would suck
9) If you aren’t enjoying a book, do you leave it un-finished?